Sunday, September 26, 2010

the perfect bottle

Some of you may think I'm crazy, but I am SO excited to have found a bottle that Hadley likes! It's called the Breastflow bottle. With other bottles, it would take FOREVER to get her to finish just 1 oz. of fluid, but with this new bottle, she can down 2-3oz. in 15 minutes! Also, with this bottle, she doesn't dribble the milk down her chin so I don't have to put a bib on her anymore. We have found a new formula that has helped her to spit up less, too! In case you're wondering, it's Enfamil AP. This has definitely made feedings less difficult and anything to help feed her is a good thing!

As great as all that is, I think maybe she ate a little too much this afternoon. I was trying to give her a bottle and she let loose a massive poo. I had her in my lap, and a couple minutes after I heard her poop, my lap felt really warm. Uh oh...not good. So I went to change her, and it had gone all up her back! Ugh. After I finally got her cleaned up (which took several baby wipes and a complete change of clothes), I assessed my warm lap. I had a big wet spot which I'm not sure if it was poo or pee but I knew I needed to change asap. I ran upstairs, Hadley in tow, and shoved her in Rey's arms so he could put her clean outfit on while I cleaned myself up and changed pants. It was quite an ordeal. The icing on the cake is that this all happened just hours after we had given her a bath. She's probably going to kill me for telling this story when she's older, but oh, well...I needed to share my misery!

No comments:

Post a Comment